The FA-1 LED Strobe Trigger triggers underwater strobes and flashes to fire in sync with the camera using fiber optic cables.
Using the LED Strobe Trigger eliminates the need for the camera built-in flash to fire, thereby extending camera battery life and allowing for longer shooting sessions. Eliminating the camera built-in flash also keeps the camera from heating up, resulting with less condensation in humid conditions. The LED Strobe Trigger’s super quick recycle time allows for rapid shooting and triggering of the strobes without having to wait for the camera built-in flash to charge.
The FA-1 LED Strobe Trigger can be connected to any camera featuring a hot-shoe connection. It can be installed inside any camera housing offering sufficient space, anywhere inside the housing, for the main unit to be placed.
The FA-1 LED Strobe Trigger is capable of triggering most underwater strobes available in the market. Note that when using the LED Strobe Trigger, strobe output is controlled manually only.
- LED type: Ultra bright white LED
- LED ports: 2
- Voltage: 3.7 V
- Power consumption: 5 milliwatt
- Battery: 110mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Charging time: 1.5 hours
- Flash capacity: 10,000 (when fully charged)
- Battery life: Up to 72 hours (when fully charged)
- Auto power-off time: 3 hours
- Dimensions: 40.5 x 45 x 13 mm / 1.6 x 1.77 x 0.51 inch
- Weight: 16.8 g / 0.51 oz
- Included in package: LED Strobe Trigger main unit, LED cable, Hot-shoe cable, Spongy LED trigger ports, Velcro sticker, Rubber band and USB cable
- For best and most reliable performance, it is recommended to use the FA-1 LED Strobe Trigger with quality multi-core fiber optic cables available in the market.
- The Sea&Sea YS-D2 strobe cannot be triggered with the FA-1 LED Strobe Trigger.