The Nauticam system for the Laowa leaves the original front element of the lens outside the port giving the image maker the ability to utilize the 2:1 reproduction ration of the lens which would otherwise not be possible with a conventional port.
The Laowa 24mm Probe lens is produced in two versions, a Standard Version and a Cine-mod Version. The Cine Mod version features de-clicked aperture adjustments as well as cinema-styled focus to allow for easier follow focus.
The Cine-mod version comes in both a Canon EF and Arri PL style mounts.
This Port Adapter, when used in conjunction with 16335 or 19155 allows for the use of the Laowa 24mm Probe Lens underwater with supported cameras in N120 Housings.
This kit is made up of three parts:
- N120 Port Adapter for Laowa 24mm Probe Lens
- O-ring for Adapter
FOCUS AND IRIS GEAR SETS
In order to adjust focus and iris of the Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Probe Lens inside the housing, the following gear sets are required. Each set includes the necessary parts to work with both the Cine-Styled and DSLR versions of the lens but one is for DSLR N120 Housings and one is for Cinema N120 Housings.
- 16335 Cinema Gear Set for Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe
- 19155 N120 DSLR Gear Set for Laowa 24mm f/14 2x Macro Probe
Additional extension rings are necessary based on system as outline below.
- 21170 N120 Extension Ring 70 for N120 Cinema Housings
- 21271 N120 Extension Ring 70 with Focus Knob for N120 DSLR
- 21271 and 37303 N100 to N120 35.5mm Port Adaptor for Sony N100 A7II/A9 Systems